Friday, July 23, 2010

Rising before dawn

Tomorrow will be a day of endurance and determination -- just not for me. Along with my husband, I will volunteer at the Rural Pearl Scenic Bike Tour. The tour raises funds to help local youths by sending kids to camp and providing them with skill-building opportunities.

Bikers can take on 15, 38 or 48 miles along the trail.

I love to bike, but I've never been in anything like this. Rob and I will be calling it an early night; we have to be up by 5 a.m. in order to get to Oxford at 6:30. I'm not thrilled to leave the house before the sun makes it's way to my window, but it sounds like a cool event. We're going to help with set up, registration and water breaks.

Serious naptime will be in order tomorrow when we get back!

Hopefully, the rains that have been pounding our area will subside. Have a great weekend out there and do some good!

No comments:

Post a Comment