Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hot Blues and BBQ

I'm mixing it up a bit with some good times and good music.

I'm headed to Oxford tomorrow night to help out the Downtown Development Authority with the concert in the park event.

Many people view government in a negative light. But almost each local entity has many subcommittees that do everything from planting flowers on curbs, to planning free festivals for the public to enjoy.

The DDA is co-sponsoring (along with the good old OP) the free Hot Blues and BBQ event in Oxford. To kick off the event, the DDA will host a free concert from 7 to 9 p.m. tomorrow at Centennial Park in Downtown Oxford.

The event progresses with more bands and food Friday and Saturday. I won't be around this weekend, so I'll miss out on some of the fun. Don't worry about me too much though, nothing beats a weekend on Lake Michigan's shoreline!

After work tomorrow, I'll meet up with Steve Allen, a DDA volunteer. I'm excited to talk to him and see why he helps out his local community.

I might help with set up and clean up, asking for donations and reading some announcements. More volunteers are needed to help with the bigger event Friday and Saturday. And what could be more fun than listening to some great tunes?

For more information, contact Steve at sallen8961@gmail.com. Or, if you just want to have a great time noshing on some BBQ and jamming to blues, come on down from 7 to 10:30 p.m. Friday and noon to 12:30 a.m. Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment