Thursday, September 16, 2010

Weary Wednesday

After eleven straight hours at work yesterday, and a turn-around early shift today, it's been a hectic week. I was supposed to volunteer this weekend, however, an opportunity to do some more freelance work Up North came up that I didn't want to pass on.

So, last night, still clicking away, I called OATS (which was where I was supposed to volunteer this weekend) to see what I could do. OATS - Offering Alternative Therapy with Smiles - works with individuals with physical and cognitive disabilities.

Classes have begun in the evenings, and Nancy told me to come on over. My guess is that I will be doing duties similar to the last time I was there, which is buddying up with a kid and helping lead the horse. It will be good to get out of the office, and be around people and animals.

I've got my 'get-dirty clothes' stashed in my purse, and if I can get out of a meeting early, I might just make it on time.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment